Item 0016 - St Paul's Anglican Church, Geelong, c.1920

Original Digital object not accessible

Identity area

Reference code

GRS2242/0016

Title

St Paul's Anglican Church, Geelong, c.1920

Date(s)

  • c.1890 - c.1940 (Creation)

Level of description

Item

Extent and medium

Photograph, 58mm x 83mm
Card, 63mm x 88mm

Context area

Name of creator

(1869 - 1999)

Biographical history

William Walton (b.1869? – d.1945) and Elizabeth Isabella Walton (nee Cole b.1872? – d.1946) were married in 1892 and had five children: Thomas Isaac Walton (1893 – 1976), William John Walton (1894 – 1976), James Leslie Walton (1897 – 1920), Florence Elizabeth Walton (1900 - ?) and Eileen Jean Emond (nee Walton 1902 - 1999?) William John Walton served in the First World War. William Walton senior’s occupation was a bootmaker and resided at William Street, Newtown and Hope Street, Geelong West.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

St Paul's Anglican Church on Latrobe Terrace, Geelong surrounded by a picket fence with the hall / vestry in the background. Trees, electricity poles and wires are shown in the foreground.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Open

Conditions governing reproduction

No copyright restrictions apply. This image can be used for any purpose, including commercial use, however Geelong Heritage Centre does not endorse or support any derogatory use of this image. In using this image, please acknowledge the item’s creator and title (where known), and Geelong Heritage Centre as the source. It is the responsibility of the researcher to ensure that no further permissions are required for use.

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Note

The local architect, Charles Laing, designed the Church which was completed in 1854. The bell tower was completed and bells installed in 1865-66.

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places